TREKKING CERRO CASTILLO
Trekking in Parque Nacional Cerro Castillo
7 days/ 6 nights
Enjoy the incredible experience of trekking in the Parque Nacional Cerro Castillo, one of the marvels you can find in the region of Aysén. An experience designed for people looking for a unique experience.
Arriving at Balmaceda Airport, on the first flights of the day, we meet you there and head to the base camp located in Coyhaique. This day is programmed for all of the preperations necessary for the expedition. Also you will have the chance to visit Coyhaique, the regional capital.
Coyhaique-Reserva Nacional Cerro Castillo
We travel in vehicle southwards on the Carretera Austral (Ruta 7) towards the Parque Nacional Cerro Castillo, aproximately 75km, to the start of the trail at a place called sector las Horquetas, enjoying the changing views along the way. Here a short introduction talk will be given about the Park and the first day of trekking will begin, (15,3km), Passing through native lenga woodland and crystal clear streams. The night is spent at campamento el Turbio.
Trekking to Campamento El Bosque
After a good rest under the stars, we head to the second campsite, el Bosque (9,8km). On the path to the campamento we pass through the Portezuelo Peñón, a 1300 metre high mountain pass. Here you can see various different glaciars and the valley of the Turbio River. Once we have finished the days walk we camp in the lenga forest.
Trekking to Campamento La Tetera, (the kettle).
Now arriving to the half way point of the trek we will continue along steep sections until we arrive at the Glaciar and the Laguna Cerro Castillo, where we will enjoy truly privaleged surroundings and views. The night is spent at campamento La Tetera. (3km) at around 1200 metres above sea level.
Trekking to Campamento Porteadores
On this day we will have views of the mountain range, the Ibañez River and its valley. This is the penultimate day of trekking, the most challenging of all, with steep slopes, before arriving at Campamento Porteadores (5,2 km) where we spend the night.
Downhill to the village Villa Cerro Castillo
The last morning of trekking (10km) downhill of the mountains to the village Villa Cerro Castillo, here the transport will be waiting to take us back along the Carretera Austral (Ruta 7) to base camp in Coyhaique.
We will co-ordinate transport from Coyhaique to Balmaceda Airport.
- 4 nights accomadation camping and two at base camp.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Vegetarians or special dietry requirements need to inform us on booking.
- Transport as detailed in program.
- All activities detailed in the program (necesary safety equipment, guides, park entrance fees)
- Complete camping equipment (two or three man tents, inflateable camp mats, cooking equipment)
- Emergency equipment, radio VHF, satelite telephone, first aid kit.
- Specialized guides with training from outdoor pursuits schools (OutwardBound, Nols) certified in wilderness first aid WFR (wildernessfirst responder).
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Personal equipment, such as good quality jacket, suitable footwear, suitable clothes, good quality sleeping bag.
- Additional food or drinks of personal preference.
- Whatever additional costs incurred due to changes in the itinary which are not responsibilities of the company.
- Evacuation costs
- Voluntary tips
- Extra activities.
All activities are determiened by climatic condtions, which can be changeable in the Patagonia!
Do you want even more adventure? Combine this weeks trekking in Cerro Castillo National Park with a weeks journey in rafts on the Rio Baker.
For more information click aqui!